Please refer to the definitions below to determine what level of support a particular type of problem fits into and who typically provides this type of support.
- Answering basic usage “how-to” questions about the use of BlueTalon Software at your organization.
- Taking of an Incident, gathering information regarding the end user problem and determining if the problem is related to the BlueTalon Software or something else [including but not limited to, confirming BlueTalon Management components are operational and communicating, confirming BlueTalon EPs are operational and communicating, confirming underlying services are operational and communicating (e.g. Hadoop services, Authentication services)]
Please note that Level 1 support is typically provided by an Ops team member responsible for managing a BlueTalon installation within your organization as typically BlueTalon team members do not have direct access to your environment. BlueTalon team provides training to the Ops team member on best practices for serving internal users.
- If Incident is determined to be potential related to BlueTalon Software, escalation to more technical resources trained in advanced usage of the Software
- Level 2 will engage with Level 1 Support to triage incident based on “Severity” (See Definition of Severity Level) and will coordinate the involvement of Level 3
- Incident requires engineering support in solving an incident that is extremely technical, or not previously encountered. For the avoidance of doubt, this is not meant to involve repeated queries on the same or substantial similar issues by different people – issues addressed by Level 3 tech will be documented and made available to Level 1 and 2
Please note that the support terms for your organization may differ from these if your organization has purchased additional level of support. Please contact your Authorized Contact to get more information.